Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Gear (1/18/11)

Blessings, I have been given my fair share in this life, but none greater than the heart of a young lady who said “yes” some fifteen years ago. My wife and I go together like ice cream and a hot summer night. She is so much a part of me that she often knows what I need before I do.

A few years ago I attempted to set a budget limiting what we spent on each other for Christmas. “Why are you trying to ruin my Christmas?” she replied. A little caught off guard I said, “Uh… I’m not.” “I like to surprise you with gifts on Christmas, it’s my thing!” she continued brushing my comment to the side like a fly buzzing around her head. How could I argue with that? It was the perfect rebuttal. After all what kind of husband would I be if I took something that she loves to do away from her?

This past holiday season, while sitting at the dinner table, I revisited that conversation with my wife. She informed me that she knew the suggestion I made, curbing our Christmas spending, was doomed to fail because she was the Ying to my Yang. I must have had a puzzled look on my face because she rephrased what she had said into words that even I could understand. “Your suggestion would never work because I like to buy you Christmas presents and you REALLY like to receive them.” Boy does my wife know me!

Some of the new fishing related gifts I received this year whether purchased by my wife, or suggested by her to others as gift ideas, include an underwater video camera, fishing line, boots, waders and a few other odds and ends. Man, I am spoiled!





No comments:

Post a Comment