Monday, March 26, 2012

Everyone Thinks They Are a Comedian (12/12/10)

The following is a reply from Donny P about my last post - "SNAP!" There Goes a $300 Fly Rod! It made me laugh so I thought I would share...

Well, that is the second fly rod that Ry has broken while fishing with me. The first is a much better story. Ry had just received his new Scott A2. We packed it up in the truck & headed down to the Tennessee Smoky Mountains to do some mountain stream fishing. Before he even made his first cast with his new rod at the river, he hung up the rod in a tree while hiking down to the pool we were about to fish. He gently reached up to free the rod tip and...all I heard was, "well, would you look at that, I just traveled 13 hours in a truck and I just broke the tip off my new rod!  Mother #@$%er!

Now for those of you that don't know the rules of cussing on a trout stream, there are 3 conditions in which any one of the 3 should be met before cussing like a sailor.

1) Missing a fish over 16"
2) Falling into the river with water temps below 55 degrees F
3) Breaking you brand new Fly Rod

If all 3 conditions are met at the same time - I would recommend therapy and heavy drinking after the F bomb barage.

Donny P

No comments:

Post a Comment